Pre-upload of the new SDK

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Carsten
Site Admin
Pre-upload of the new SDK

Post by Carsten » 2006-08-31, 16:00

Hi all,

I've just uploaded the new SDK:
http://www.ca3d-engine.de/download.php?view.6

The website (download description, news article etc.) has not yet been updated, but all three mirrors (the main link plus the two mirrors) already carry the new SDK file.

I'll update the website tomorrow.

Please let me know what you think. ;)
Best regards,
Carsten
Thrawn

Post by Thrawn » 2006-08-31, 17:35

Downloading... I'm testing it now, but don't have much time :( Anyways, I'll post my impressions tonight...

OK I tested the new release very quickly.

Bad news: There's a big bug in it. Whenever I play around with the new vertex tool and press ESC to get out of it (cause enter doesn't work) to save my work, the editor crashes, even if I do very simple editing tasks.

Good news: I'm just impressed by this release. The damn bot still spawns and annoys me, but the GUI is SO COOL!!!! Just awesome!! The effects are cool too. And as there is no player light and no bot light anymore, I've got awesome frames and everythign runs so smooth and cool XD Ca3DE looks much cooler now ^^

GREAT JOB :)

OK: Bad news 2:
Whenever I start Ca3DE and then press escape BUT leave the ca3de options window open and try to start Ca3DE again, it doesn't work anymore. I see the display resolution change, the screen turns black and then I'm back in windows. The options window is still open and shows NO errors... It's like it's terminating itself at launch...
Last edited by Thrawn on 2006-08-31, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Sindwiller

Post by Sindwiller » 2006-08-31, 19:14

I will give it a try tomorrow. No time today :roll: But sounds very nice ^^ (except Thrawn's news..)
Im Working on:
- Some Linux Bash-Scripts for installing stuff. Dont ask further questions, because i can't explain that more simple ^^
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2006-09-01, 13:53

Hi,

sorry about the bugs. :oops:

The first one occurred only in profile and release builds, but not in debug builds. That's a rare category of bugs which I didn't notice because I'm used to work with the debug builds 99% of the time. It was a very stupid bug, too.

The second bug was also kind of stupid (forgot to reset the "quit" convar from true to false after end of the main loop).

Anyways, I fixed them both, uploads with the fixed files are currently running. I'll post an update as soon as the new files are available.
Best regards,
Carsten
Sindwiller

Post by Sindwiller » 2006-09-01, 18:03

Thats very well, thank you! :D
Im Working on:
- Some Linux Bash-Scripts for installing stuff. Dont ask further questions, because i can't explain that more simple ^^
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2006-09-01, 21:41

The upload is complete now (main site + both mirrors), bugs fixed.
I'll update the website within the next minutes.
Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2006-09-01, 22:04

Something you should know: If you want to try out the buttons in the world GUI in the TestPatches map, you'll have to press the "0" (Null) key instead of the fire button to simulate a mouse click. ;)
Best regards,
Carsten